- Antibiotic AM 2282;
- 9,13-Epoxy-1H,9H-diindolo[1,2,3-gh:3',2',1'-lm]pyrrolo[3,4-j][1,7]benzodiazonin-1-one, 2,3,10,11,12,13-hexahydro-10-methoxy-9-methyl-11-(methylamino)-, (9S,10R,11R,13R)-
RTECS: KD5084000 ; attention: This RTECS record belongs to the Hydrochloride salt of Staurosporine, rather than the free base form.
Staurosporine is a cell permeable inhibitor of protein kinases, including protein kinase-C. Inhibitor of nuclear factor kappa B kinase beta subunit.
DMSO, Methanol, Ethanol, Ethyl Acetate. Water insoluble
Chemical classification: Indolocarbazole alkaloid
- Bio-activity: PKC inhibitor
- Pharmacological tool to study signal transduction pathways, tyrosine phosphorylation and to induce apoptosis.
- May participate in antigen-induced T-cell activation;
- Affects Proto-oncogene serine/threonine-protein kinase Pim-1, T-cell-specific kinase, Tyrosine-protein kinase SYK, MAP kinase-activated protein kinase 2